Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Difference between discussion and question

Hello,

What is the difference between a discussion and a question in Vanilla?

That you can mark it as solved?

Thanks

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Basically yes. You can mark one or more comments as answers which helps other users to find relevant posts.

• And as an admin can you change a discussion to a question?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Not sure about that. But there should be a column "QnA" in table GDN_Discussion and inserting "Unanswered" to that field for a discussion should turn it into a question.

• @R_J said:
    Not sure about that. But there should be a column "QnA" in table GDN_Discussion and inserting "Unanswered" to that field for a discussion should turn it into a question.

Actaully you use Type to change the discussion type.

grep is your friend.

• And what is Type?

An option inside of the plugin?

• BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

Yes, there is an option. But why don't you just try it out?

• kamaleonkamaleon New
    edited July 2015

I will try it once I know it can be changed to a question :)

There are too many addons in here to try and there is no post recommending the good ones...

Each time I need something for my forum I have to ask in here :(

• @kamaleon do you think volunteers have any more time then you do?

If you want to know something quick trying it out is probably your first best option.

grep is your friend.

• All volunteers in here? No one gets paid?

• @kamaleon said:
    All volunteers in here? No one gets paid?

Nope. Out of what?

Just users and developers.

grep is your friend.

• Out of the vanilla cloud?

• @kamaleon said:
    Out of the vanilla cloud?

That pays for the development of the core, and the living of those workers, and the shareholders.

Vanilla OS wouldn't exist without the cloud service. OS doesn't grow on trees, it has to be funded, it also relies on volunteers and contributors to bring the cost down. Which is the main point of OS, rather then it being 'free'.

grep is your friend.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@kamaleon said:
    Out of the vanilla cloud?

That pays for anyone that works at Vanilla Inc. Without mentioning, Linc, Todd, and Adrian are Vanilla Inc. employees. You can tell because their comment backgrounds are all fancy.

Everyone else is here because... well who knows. I use Vanilla every chance I get when working with clients and find Garden (the framework Vanilla is built upon) to be amazing for extending functionality.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.