Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

jsConnect signin twice ?

Hello all,
I have been tinkering with the jsConnect and jsConnect Auto Sign In plugins for close to 2 days. It seems to be kinda working and kinda not working at the same time

Here is my situation.
I rolled my own SSO IDP and I have set up a page as per the documentation provided with the jsConnect plugin.

Once installed on both my IDP and my vanilla forums site things seem to be ok. When I click on login with "mysite" I am redirected to my IDP in which i log in and then get redirected back to the vanilla site. At this point I am prompted to login once more if my account already exists. If not it will ask me for some more info and then log me in.

what do I need to do to be able to just enter my credentials on my IDP and not worry about logging into the vanilla site?

Better yet, is there a way I can auto login with out the need for the auto log in plugin?

any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Vanilla version 2.1.10
Jsconnect V. 1.4.1
jsconnect auto login v.0.1.8b

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Redirect to http://forums.example.com/sso from your IDP and select a default connection in your jsConnect settings in Vanilla.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight, I tried your suggestions above and I still get the same issue.

I set the authentication type in vanilla settings to password. No other options were available. Is there maybe a config I can set somewhere?

I also set the redirect url in my login to point to myvanillasite.com/sso and i get a 404 upon loging in.

any other ideas?

• ^ Bump

Should be https://forums.example.com/settings/jsconnect click on a connection and make sure the checkbox for Make this connection your default signin method. is checked.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I have set this and a few things.
    1. if the user is not logged into my main site no login buttons appear to do so.
    2. if the user is still logged into my provider the photo and name appear with the text "login with "main-site" however it is still asking for the user to enter there password.

cleared all caches browser vanilla and mainsite

I have the following in my mainsite after login to redirect back to vanilla

I have disabled the auto sigin plugin for now untill I can get this working propperly.

• I have done a bit more poking around with various settings and it would look like setting the default connection to be true for my particular id provider works great for new users coming to the forums.

However, on the same page if the user has had a previously existing account they are still prompted to input a password. 1x at the IDP and 1x once returned back to the forums. is this normal activity?

• After enableing the Make default sign in method in the JSConnect plugin dashboard all seems to be working well for new users.

If a new user registers and logs in via my IDP and then goes to vanilla the user will be created and logged in.

However my issue now is that if the user logs out from both the IDP and vanilla and then attempts to log back in Via the JSConnect plugin the user is prompted to enter a password.

Why would this work for new users but not for returning users?
    Has anyone encounterd this before?

vanilla version 2.1.10
    jsconnect version 1.03b

• I was able to solve this conundrum, Turns out all social logins will require you to enter your acct password by default for security reason to prevent account hijacking.

To resolve this i added the following to my config file.

$Configure['Garden']['Authentication']['AutoConnect'] = TRUE;

This will automagically link the incoming SSO account to a previous created account with the same email address.

hope this helps others with a simmiliar problem / issue

@Breaker said:
    I was able to solve this conundrum

Thanks for posting your solution :)

Search first

• @hgtonight , no problem.
    I actually goofed here is the correct syntax.

$Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['AutoConnect'] = TRUE;