Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to detect if forum is running in an iframe or not?

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband AfficionadoCole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

I thought I had this answered after looking at a comment from @hgtonight about the Jump To Top plugin, but it turns out his plugin just checks to see if embedding is enabled or not :(

My problem: I run an un-embedded forum, but have embedding enabled so that we can use VF for our Wordpress comments. However, I want to be able to check in my themehooks file to see whether the current instantiation of the forum is the unembedded full forum, or the embedded comments iframe.

Anyone know if I can do this (and the obvious follow-up question, how)?

I can tell you why I want to do it if you'd like, but it's probably boring and you might want to pummel me with a stick if you knew how twisted my VF/WP installation really is.

Best Answer

Answers

• AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

Anyone know how I can mark this as answered, even though I answered it myself?

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

@AaronWebstey I can mark it as answered! Thanks for sharing your result.
    (on a side note, I have noticed this too, one cannot select one's answer as correct unless one is a mod or admin).

• AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

Thank you @Adrian !