HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is a Verified user one that confirmed their email?

Hello,

So we are getting many users registering on the forum that may or may not be bots or spam users and they are starting discussions. So i set up the system to ass the role of a Register Member until they "Require users to confirm their email addresses (recommended)"

So my question is Is a Verified user one that confirmed their email?

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The verification means the user's content will not be submitted to the SPAM filter.

Only verify users you know are reliably human.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@hgtonight said:

You mean reliable humans? Or humans that have been verified to be humans ? Not many from the first and questionable the latter... ;/

• @hgtonight said:
    The verification means the user's content will not be submitted to the SPAM filter.

What user's content are we talking about if this is a new registered user?

@minagirgis1 said:
    What user's content are we talking about if this is a new registered user?

Activity, user registrations, tag recommendations, comments, and discussions.

Also, any plugin that checks for spam via the standard SpamModel::IsSpam method.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight...we are getting a lot of fake users that are passing by registration and a BotStop question and being posting discussions.

Any other plugins we should install to help avoid these users?

I use Akismet, StopForumSpam, and Flagging. These keep my forum pretty clean and the flagging plugin lets my users flag posts as spam.

Search first

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

I found modifying stop forum spam setting usually does the trick. You might also want to try : http://vanillaforums.org/addon/reportspam-plugin

This helps stopforumspam be smarter :)