Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What is the quote plugin used on vanillaforums.org?

My question is listed above. I am looking for a quoting plugin that actually works and is simple to use. Does anyone know what the quoting plugin is for vanillaforums.org?

Tagged:

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

looking for a quoting plugin that actually works

I have used both quotes and quoteselection. both actually work. if you see discussions related to them.

is simple to use

quotes

Does anyone know what the quoting plugin is for vanillaforums.org?

I do. You can identify many plugins used on this forum with a webdeveloper tool. it identifies as - quotes version 1.6.10

and as a bonus they are using Vanilla version 2.2.100.4 as of today.

If you get yourself a web developer tool (e.g. firebug), you too can aswer these types of questions the next time someone asks "Does anyone know what "plugin" ,"theme" does vanillaforums.org use?" I believe there is a list of plugins in use in the documentation. There is also a list in one of these discussions on the forum, you would need to search for it.

However, I believe the search function is currently broken on vanilla forums, so you may need to use google search to get a more complete list of answers for the site.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@peregrine said:
    Vanilla version 2.2.100.4

FWIW, that's less a semantic "version" than a "static asset build number" for cloud.

@ytadvisors It will be distributed along with 2.2. Apologies for the premature addon directory removal.

• ytadvisorsytadvisors Indiana

Thanks for the answers.

• ytadvisorsytadvisors Indiana

@ytadvisors said:
    Does anyone know what the quoting plugin is for vanillaforums.org?

For anyone who ran in to this thred, i found it.
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/30349/how-to-add-the-quote-option