HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Snippet Plugins

BleistivtBleistivt Moderator
edited October 2014 in Tutorials

This aims to be a complete collection of plugins that have been posted in a discussion but are not available in the addons repository.

These are mostly small plugins that solve very specific problems, but they might be useful for other people as a learning resource.

Note that the authors probably don't intend to support these plugins.
Not all of these are full functioning plugins but templates for a plugin.

Always read the other comments on these threads as there might be more important or useful info regarding these snippets.

Comment Plugin Name Description
194409 AntiNoob Prevents new users from posting links
196262 EnableTabletTheme Enables tablet detection and gives an option to select the mobile and tablet themes.
196466 SingleMetaTag This adds a single meta tag to the discussion controller head module.
200557 NumberOfPages Shows number of pages in discussionlist
201679 ET ErrorTest
204389 DiscussionListIDClass Adds a CSS class with the discussion ID of each discussion in the discussions list.
204987 ApproveReCaptcha Includes Approve Applicant Functions with Recaptcha
205777 PageMods Custom code for the Basic Pages app.
207981 NoLatestAnymore Remove the "#latest" from discussion links in Recent Discussions
208418 IndexCategories Adds a categoryicon to discussions list.
209020 SignInForAnswer Replaces answers for guests with a message to sign in.
209112 AnnouncementColor Change Announcement Item to a different Color.
209366 WhereDidMyDefault- CategoryPermissionsGo This plugin sets all new categories and users to have no restricted access enabled when created
210134 AddForumLink Add Forum Link
210603 HideInvitationsLink This plugin hides the Invitations link on the Profile page side bar for any user with Invitations Per Month set to None under Dashboard/Registation.
27223 YourGameNameConnect Connect account from somewhere other to Vanilla user
214137 MarkDownMarkup This addon modifies the Markdown input formatter so that it honors soft line breaks and converts them to -br- code.
214299 CustomAvatar Provides a custom user avatar from image username.png plugins/CustomAvatar folder. You need to create the username.png for each user name
214963 AddVoice Adds "This Discussion is Missing your voice" to all discussions
215805 OrderByCreationDate This plugin causes all posts in the forum to show up in the order in which they were originally posted, rather than ordered by most recent comment.
215935 DateValidation Workaround to allow 0-0-0 dates entered via ProfileExtender
217216 ProfileFieldsInDiscussion Show custom profile fields in discussions.
217583 DropColor Adds colors to to disabled options

There are probably many more, so feel free to answer with a plugin you know or made (or edit in in, if you can).

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

here's one

inserts a "Stay Focused on: Title of discussion inserted in each and every comment."

may keep discussants on track with discussion title. if you are the sort of forum owner that wants to avoid meandering in threads and suggest to participants to start new threads if primary subject changes.

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();

$PluginInfo['StayFocused'] = array(
       'Name' => 'Stay Focused',
       'Description' => 'Places Title in all comments to keep discussants focused.',
       'Version' => '1.0',
       'MobileFriendly' => TRUE,
       'Author' => "The focuser"
    );

class StayFocusedPlugin extends Gdn_Plugin {

public function DiscussionController_BeforeCommentBody_Handler($Sender) {
                $Discussion = $Sender->EventArguments['Discussion'];
                echo T("Stay focused on: ") . $Sender->Title($Discussion->Name);
                }

}

feel free to change case and indentation.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

I took the Spoiler plugin and modified the code and CSS to behave like a WordPress "More..." function. I think @Linc indicated that there is an outstanding request for that (in github?), so probably some people asked for it.

I described how to modify the plugin in this discussion.

If anyone wants, I can paste here the entire modified version (which I renamed for my purposes).
    And of course, credit is due to Tim Gunter- the original developer of Spoilers.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

in lieu of a table.

217583 CheckRoleSmarty - Add smarty function via plugin with example check role

226657 BlankBody - Disable required Body in comments and discussions. Allow "blank" body.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@peregrine said:
    here's one

inserts a "Stay Focused on: Title of discussion inserted in each and every comment."

I'd totally love that! My discussions would only have titles like "Distraction", "Smurfette", "Currywurscht", "The Mosquito on your forehead", etc.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

correction to link above:

22069 - CheckRoleSmarty - Add smarty function via plugin with example check role

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

232813 ChangeMobileLayout - Force Mobile Discussion Layout to Modern when Default Discussion Layout is Table.