Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Why Vanilla ! ?

**Hello All

Can Somebody Explain Why Should a Person Choose Vanilla Instead IP.Board OR Burning Board ! ?

Tnx All ;)**

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Because it meets their needs.

Next question, how long is a piece of string?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@whu606 said:

Next question, how long is a piece of string?

As long as it needs to be.

Next question, where are my cuff links?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

hgtonight

That's easy!

Where you left them...

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

Almost every answer you get on this forum will be biased (whether intentional or not).

Best to ask this question on a neutral forum review site. (where marketers of all forums might be lurking).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

My main reason would be: Vanilla can be customized very, very, very easily and to a much more detailed level than you can do with any other forum software I know.

The two candidates you mentioned are commercial. Vanilla is OS.

• Options
    Persian TigerPersian Tiger /etc/shadow New

I Know Vanilla is Well Written and Easy to use and many more things .

But it is growing up. ( It is not an adult yet :expressionless: )

and I think it is a little strange :mrgreen:

so I love Vanilla's PHP Codes But I have a Problem ! Can Anyone Help Me To Change Vanilla's Comments Like IP.Board's One ? ! ! ?

• Options

I Know it meets their needs.

But IP.Board Will meet their needs , too.

Why Between Vanilla and IP.Board They Should Use Vanilla! ? !?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

Why Between Vanilla and IP.Board They Should Use Vanilla! ? !?

First off your question was answered, if you read the discussion...

For some reason you are driving at this question, and you can easily asnwer it yourself ....

Why don't you try them both, then come back and tell us after you have tried each forum software for a minimum of one year. Looking forward to your answers in one year.

Do you even consider many of us have never used that forum software, so why try to squeeze water out of a stone, and go to a forum comparison site, and ask your question there, or better yet ask your question at the IP Board forum site.

• Options

Why don't you try them both, then come back and tell us after you have tried each forum software for one year.

I have used them both .
    I just say , There is lots of Well Written Plugins for IP.Board but Vanilla Doesn't Have a simple Chat!
    Why Should i use vanilla that Doesn't Have Simple Plugins and It's not an Adult Script Instead a Big and Pluginful Script ? ?

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@Persian Tiger said:
    Why Should i use vanilla that Doesn't Have Simple Plugins and It's not an Adult Script Instead a >Big and Pluginful Script ? ?

Schadenersatzforderung

• Options

Schadenersatzforderung

:anguished: Why This Forum Doesn't Have Poker Face! ?

• Options

I would say: if you are happy with IP.Board, stay with it.
    IP.Board and Vanilla do not even strive to be the same software and if software I. fits your needs more than software V., then it's fine to stay with I.

The main intent of both forum scripts is the same for sure: enabling you to run a forum. The rest is completely up to your personal needs. We do not know your needs. So we will not be able to tell you what software to use. You wouldn't ask us which shoes to wear today, would you?

But if you ask: I think IP.Board is like a pair of well polished business shoes that are shiny and you can wear them to impress other people. But try to go the extra mile with them and you will feel uncomfortable. Vanilla is like a pair of sneakers. They might not look impressive at first but you can use them to achieve whatever you want.

• Options

Hello R_j

I Want to Create an International Vanilla Support :mrgreen:

But Just Think a user asked my first question I don't have any answer :(

and I wanned to get one here but no response I got ! :((

• Options

@Persian Tiger said:
    Hello R_j

Do whatever you like, but have you asked yourself the following question: "Why should a user use my service?" What are your USPs?
    You can do that although the creators of Vanilla and the best Vanilla developers are active and offer their support free on this site, but I doubt that you page would be of any use, sorry.

@Persian Tiger said:
    Hello R_j

But Just Think a user asked my first question I don't have any answer :(

Why do you build up a site for Vanilla and not for any other forum software. Shouldn't you have an answer to that question? If you do not have an answer for that question, what gives you the passion and the motivation to work for your goal?
    You could as well create a discussion forum about smurfs... ;)

• Options
    edited August 2015

Why do you build up a site for Vanilla and not for any other forum software.

Because I am a pro PHP Developer and I know Vanilla is Powerful also _Light _ but my users Mostly aren't ;)

They are webmasters that want to have a Forum !

• Options

@Persian Tiger said:
    Vanilla Doesn't Have a simple Chat!

@Persian Tiger said:

I am a pro PHP Developer

GO! GO! GO! :+1:

• Options

GO! GO! GO! :+1:

I cannot Understand What Does This Line Mean !?

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited August 2015

@Persian Tiger said:
    Why Should i use vanilla that Doesn't Have Simple Plugins and It's not an Adult Script Instead a Big and Pluginful Script ? ?

A car doesn't have a motorcycle, next question.

If you are a pro php developer then develop your own plugins.

Vanilla is like vanilla ice cream you add the sprinkle and chocolate sauce if you need it. It is not tuti-fruiti.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@Persian Tiger said:
    I cannot Understand What Does This Line Mean !?

Take your own initiative.

ابتکار عمل خود را.

grep is your friend.