Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How do I get the default vanilla roles after a SMF import?

Hello everyone. I just imported my SMF2 installation to vanilla and I don't seem to have the default vanilla roles anymore, like guest and applicant. Guests are currently able to access the dashboard and that's somewhat inconvenient. Any way to fix this?

Best Answers

Answers

• Thank you for that, I have recreated the original roles. I still have a problem though: members can access the dashboard, just like an admin. It seems the roles have no effect. Any idea? I suspect members have multiple roles assigned, because in the GND_UserRole table, USERID's have mutilple rows with roles assigned. There should be only one row per user right?

• Can confirm it worked. I truncated the GND_UserRole table and reassigned all users to the default Member role that I created. Everyone only has 1 role now and no longer access the dashboard, which I assumed was because they had an admin role.

Thanks.

• Just a correction vanilla supports multiple roles. No contradiction there. In vanilla roles are additive, in that they take the same of the permissions.

However it sounds like the role got a bit messed up during import, par for the course.

grep is your friend.