Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Something has gone wrong when viewing/posting discusions

Here are the errors i get when i post/view discussions.

Unknown column 'TreeLeft' in 'order clause'
select c.*
from GDN_Comment c
join (select CommentID
from GDN_Comment c
where c.DiscussionID = 9
order by TreeLeft asc, DateInserted asc
limit 30) c2 on c.CommentID = c2.CommentID
The error occurred on or near: /home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data02/75/2639175/html/Forums/library/database/class.database.php
$PDOStatement = $this->Connection()->query($Sql); 299: } 300: 301: if ($PDOStatement === FALSE) { 302: trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($this->Connection()->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR); 303: } 304: 305: // Did this query modify data in any way? 306: if ($ReturnType == 'ID') {
Backtrace:
/home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data02/75/2639175/html/Forums/library/database/class.database.phpPHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler(); [/home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data02/75/2639175/html/Forums/library/database/class.database.php:302] PHP::trigger_error(); [/home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data02/75/2639175/html/Forums/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:1630] Gdn_Database->Query(); [/home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data02/75/2639175/html/Forums/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:654] Gdn_SQLDriver->Query(); [/home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data02/75/2639175/html/Forums/applications/vanilla/models/class.commentmodel.php:163] Gdn_SQLDriver->Get(); [/home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data02/75/2639175/html/Forums/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php:137] CommentModel->Get(); [/home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data02/75/2639175/html/Forums/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php:137] DiscussionController->Index(); [/home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data02/75/2639175/html/Forums/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:350] PHP::call_user_func_array(); [/home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data02/75/2639175/html/Forums/index.php:46] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();
Variables in local scope:
[Sql] 'select c.*

Best Answer

Answers

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Have you activated any plugins recently?

Can you get to http://<yoursite>/dashboard/settings and disable plugins?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

What version of Vanilla are you running?

What addons are you running?

Try visiting http://forums.example.com/utility/structure.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• edited September 2015

@whu606 said:
    Have you activated any plugins recently?

Can you get to http://<yoursite>/dashboard/settings and disable plugins?

The last 2 plugins i used before this was Yoga, and Role title. And yes i can disable plugins.

• edited September 2015

@hgtonight said:
    What version of Vanilla are you running?

What addons are you running?

Try visiting http://forums.example.com/utility/structure.

I get a 404 page not found. And im using version 2.1.11

• edited September 2015

@peregrine said:

I bet the issue is replyto plugin? that would cause the error at top. did you try that one, it won't work in vanilla 2.1

see the faq

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/233540/#Comment_233540

also see:

adept.

Wow thanks :+1: I disabled that plugin and its working great now.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

@linc - replyto plugin does not work in vanilla 2.1 see discussion - should be moved to broken plugins.

ALSO:

firstlast names
    and botstop
    and mailchimp

will not cause an outright error but still use 2.0 views - so those should be considered broken as well since they will break other plugins and cause registration issues and don't allow password checking or events to be added.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine said:
    linc - replyto plugin does not work in vanilla 2.1 see discussion - should be moved to broken plugins.

ALSO:

firstlast names
    and botstop
    and mailchimp

will not cause an outright error but still use 2.0 views - so those should be considered broken as well since they will break other plugins and cause registration issues and don't allow password checking or events to be added.

Is there any other plugin out there that can let the people on my forums reply to each other?

• replyto was the only threaded plugin.

most people think they can't do without it. After two weeks of using quote plugins and mentions, most users will be glad they don't have comments interspersed throughout the whole thread and new ones will always be at the bottom.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• you can also see a spreadsheet of plugins that might not work in vanilla 2.1, if they haven't been updated since the discussion.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-dont-work-in-vanilla-2-1

the ones that are broke should be moved to the broken plugins and themes category to save people like you from having problems.

• in addition to
    firstlast names
    and botstop
    and mailchimp

Phplist 0.1.0 also has old 2.0 views and will cause problems and should be moved to broken plugins.

anonymouse is broken in vanilla 2.1 and will cause problems.

probably could come up with a giant list of themes that are broken. but that could easily be discovered by all the comments that state they are broken.
    they should be moved to broken as well in vanilla 2.1