Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to syncronize accounts of diferent website to vanilla?

I'm developing a website that have own accounts system. I am going to incorporate vanilla forum to my site, but I want to use the accounts of my website to login in the vanilla forum.

Like if you register in my site you are registered in my forum vanilla. I want also to make the user login automatically in vanilla forum when login in my site.

I want to syncronize my website account with vanilla.

Is possible?

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

there is supposed to be documentation about signle sing on sso and jsconnect in

http://docs.vanillaforums.com

i would give you the exact link but I can't use the docs my connection is not fast enough for it work properly.

if you have trouble navigating as well - you can always search here for jsconnect and sso but make sure you click the archive box in the search dropdown, otherwise you will be missing out on a wealth of discussions.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

I noticed the author of the discussion in not listed in the In this discussion box! only the commenters

thought that was odd. lol.

from the plugin

/**
    * Renders a list of users who are taking part in a particular discussion.
    */

back to original discussion ....

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Peregrine, thanks for the reply.

I'm not finding the document of sing in you said. I don't know if is need a plugin. Maybe can we do this manually? I dont have much knowledge with Vanilla so I guess I need help with this

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

search the forum if you can't find it in the documentation

do you see a search box?

http://vanillaforums.org/discussions

search for these words

jsconnect

sso

this will answer several of your questions. I can't help you with the documentation. I can't use it period, it is non-functional for me.

I'm trying to point you to resources, I don't use jsconnect or sso, but it is frequently used for some of the things you want.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

@sandronejm said:
    Peregrine, thanks for the reply.

I'm not finding the document of sing in

peregrine said: signle sing on

my mistake - I was typing with my beak instead of phalanges

• sso is an acronym for single sign on

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• jsconnect is what you are looking for. However, there will be a larger update to jsconnect soon; so if you wait a bit you might save yourself some work.