Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How can I stop autosave of draft?

ProsperProsper ✭✭
edited October 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

What is the best approach to stop autosave of drafts?
Unfortunately, "stop auto draft" addon failed to stop autosave of drafts!
Please what is the best approach?
Vanilla version is 2.1.12p3

Tagged:

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Using the plugin you've tried is the best approach. I wouldn't see a reason why it shouldn't work.
    Could you please check if there is a line starting with <script src="/applications/vanilla/js/autosave.js?v=... in the html source of a discussion page on your forum?

• @R_J - yes the code is there on the html source of a discussion page on the forum.
    See below;
    <script src="/applications/vanilla/js/autosave.js?v=2.1.12p3" type="text/javascript"></script>

Enabling the plugin definitely stops this script from being inserted into discussion pages. Look at your config.php to find out if the plugin is really enabled. Also make sure it is accessible and complete.

• ProsperProsper ✭✭
    edited October 2015

@R_J Oh I just noticed that the addon does not work on mobile theme but works on desktop theme. I have added this code- 'MobileFriendly' => TRUE, to the class.stopautodraft.plugin.php
    Is it all I need to do to make the addon work on mobile theme?

Well, normally: yes. And this plugin is a very short and simple one. So I guess it should work, but I cannot tell you so without testing.

• @R_J - thank you. I believe it works on mobile now.