Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Search 404 error (from homepage)

Using the OS offering, and the {searchbox} module, I am able to successfully search my forums from almost every view.

Except my home page (Categories).
For some reason, when using this search module from my home page (/vanilla/), I get:

"Not Found
The requested URL /vanilla/index.php//search was not found on this server."

and the url lands at: /vanilla/index.php?p=%2Fsearch&Search=

When searching from any other view, the url reads: /vanilla/search?Search=

, and the search fires off successfully.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This is an interesting issue.

What is the exact version of Vanilla you are running?

Do you have pretty urls enabled?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I am relatively new to Vanilla, and was instructed to go off of Master, which I think is v2.2, but am not totally sure.

And yes pretty urls are enabled. I have poked around a little bit in .htaccess, with no success.

Thanks for responding so quickly :pleased:

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You can find the version you are using in the footer of the dashboard.

We will need this to delve deeper into your issue.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@lbernard said:
    I am relatively new to Vanilla, and was instructed to go off of Master, which I think is v2.2, but am not totally sure.

No who ever told you to use that version was wrong. That is for experienced developers who will help debug that version.

If you are new, you must use the current stable version available here. 2.1.13

• From the footer of the dashboard, here is the version:

Version 2.2.1011

• @hgtonight Any ideas what this could be? Our launch is approaching rapidly and this is a major issue to the usage of my page :(

Again, the searchbox module works fine from all views (except the landing view, which is set to Categories).

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I couldn't reproduce it.
    1. Using 2.2.1011
    2. I've set /categories as my homepage,
    3. set vanilla to a subfolder (/vanilla) and
    4. searching something from the homepage
    5. resulted in a (valid) .../vanilla/index.php?p=%2Fsearch&Search=whatever"

What is the value of:
    $Configuration['Garden']['Domain']
    $Configuration['Garden']['WebRoot']
    $Configuration['Garden']['StripWebRoot']

You can find them in your conf/config.php (if those values are not there, the conf/config-defaults.php)?

• lbernardlbernard New
    edited November 2015

Thanks for the reply!

$Configuration['Garden']['Domain'] = '';
    $Configuration['Garden']['StripWebRoot'] = FALSE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['WebRoot'] = FALSE;

The second 2 are from the config-defaults.php file. Any ideas?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Nope, no idea. This is the standard configuration and as I've said, it works without any issues for me. So if you haven't broken it on purpose with your .htaccess, I have no idea... ;)

• No worries, thanks for the help!