Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Featured Badge Problem

I tried dragging my one badge from the bottom to the top section and I can see its working and transferred to the top successfully but then when I save it the image will disappear. Is this normal?

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This is not normal.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Is this a bug @hgtonight ? If so, is there a workaround to this?

Do you have any errors in your web console?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• wztantrawztantra New
    edited November 2015

@hgtonight said:
    Do you have any errors in your web console?

No errors showing. Its just save then the badge image gone on top.

I am using EmbedFriendly theme (Vanilla 2.1)

Does an inform message popup when you click save?

I just tested this on a fresh install of 2.1.13p1 with the Embed Friendly 3.0 theme with Yaga 1.0.3 and YagaFeaturedBadges 0.1. It worked as expected.

Perhaps you could nab a network trace. In Firefox you can open the networking panel with Ctrl + Shift + Q. Open it, then click the save button.

Search first

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

FWIW:

it is easier for people to troubleshoot if you mention the version of vanilla you are using and post in the "Correct Category".

problem is you threw a red herring at hgtonight by posting your message under 2.1 category and not mentioning your version of vanilla.

if you would have said you are using the beta version 2.2rc1 it might have saved him testing.

but onto the crux of the issue for possible troubleshooting steps.

curious though- is your forum actually embedded? or are you just using the embed friendly theme. if your forum is embedded, does it work when you go to the forum through an unembedded link.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Hi @peregrine Sorry for that. I am new to Vanilla and didn't know what version I am using so I think I am just guessing to what version I used. Anyway, yeah its an embedded forum and I tried it their too didn't work.

Question: Is there still a chance I can downgrade my Vanilla to 2.1 without losing any data in my current forum?

I am behind on testing my addons for 2.2rc1.

I'll add this to my todo list.

If you figure it out in the mean time, I would appreciate you reply back with what you found out.

Search first

• @wztantra said:
    Hi @peregrine Sorry for that. I am new to Vanilla and didn't know what version I am using so I think I am just guessing to what version I used. Anyway, yeah its an embedded forum and I tried it their too didn't work.

Question: Is there still a chance I can downgrade my Vanilla to 2.1 without losing any data in my current forum?

I never tried to downgrade - but the release notes say that you cannot downgrade because password hashes are changed.

That said, I wouldn't waste my time attempting downgrade anyways, since that may not be the issue.

Best be patient to let hgtonight test.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26943/tutorial-how-to-determine-the-version-number-of-vanilla-that-you-are-using-for-your-own-forum

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.