Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Control spam on user profile activity

steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo
edited November 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

My question is, how you can better control what is written to user activity. For example external links, spam information?
At the moment I do not have it on my forum but it is possible to have it.

Someone can tell me what plugin is used on this vanilla forum? Because when I try to put an external link on my activity it transforms into something different ... It is a plugin?

Otherwise, it posible notify the administrator by email when someone write in user wall activity to check it?

I do not want to disable activity, and I know there's another way to control the activity by the yaga application.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my english ;)

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You want to add extra validation to activity items?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo
    edited November 2015

@hgtonight dijo:
    You want to add extra validation to activity items?

Hi @hgtonight ! Yes, that would be nice.
    For example, that admin can check and approve new user activity wall comment and the validated old members can write free without approve.
    I've seen that user can put links easily and administrator is not aware of this. These links generated with nofollow attribute but may be unwanted spammer links.
    I think it could also save the links on activity as text: http: // somelink. com

I will try to explain what I want to do with activity wall :)
    I want to make some kind of "evaluate and give thanks to member" other members based on that member action (these comments also will show confidence on that member)
    And I think that could be used by already done user activity wall functionality instead to create a plugin and other database tables for this. Then make a link under the member photo (or yaga link depends which is easier to implement and create) to evaluate that member.

Thanks in advance

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

sounds like a great idea for a plugin! but even better if moderation feature is part of core, and extended to include and fine tuned to select either one or all of comments, discussions, and activity wall.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Can anyone tell me how I can clone the functionality of profile activity to create the evaluation plugin of members.

A very simple functionality with description before textarea and listed below previous comments. And link this functionality below member avatar on comments.

The member not be able delete any comment from other members. Only the administrator can modify the comments.

How could I make it as simple?
    Thanks in advance.

It would be nice give the badges based on those comments too.

@steam said:

If you can come up with a rule, you can register that to Yaga via a plugin.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

@hgtonight dijo:

@steam said:

If you can come up with a rule, you can register that to Yaga via a plugin.

Any advice as more simle make evaluation plugin?

@steam said:

Any advice as more simle make evaluation plugin?

I don't have any sample code that I can release. This is one of the things that must be done before a Yaga 1.1 release.

Search first