Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla import stuck on Insert Tables

Hello y'all,

I am trying to do as follow:
1. download vanilla 2.2
2. install vanilla 2.2 locally (-> working fine)
3. use vanilla exporter on my phpbb forum
4. grab the exported file and put it in downloads
5. try the import script

And I get stuck on the Import Tables step. The red error box displays but it's empty (empty

inside).

Thanks for your help!

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Try enabling debugging and see if you get an actual error message.

Add $Configuration['Debug'] = true; to your /conf/config.php file.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• hmalaudhmalaud New
    edited November 2015

Thanks for the tip! I tried that but it seems I got the wrong line, now it leaves me with an error at least:

## /Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/xboxygen/xboxygen-forum/library/database/class.database.php(422)
    #0 [internal function]: Gdn_ErrorHandler(256, '', '/Users/hmalaud/...', 422, Array)
    #1 /Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/xboxygen/xboxygen-forum/library/database/class.database.php(422): trigger_error('', 256)
    #2 /Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/xboxygen/xboxygen-forum/library/database/class.sqldriver.php(1663): Gdn_Database->query('insert GDN_Perm...', Array, Array)
    #3 /Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/xboxygen/xboxygen-forum/library/database/class.sqldriver.php(1083): Gdn_SQLDriver->query('insert GDN_Perm...', 'insert')
    #4 /Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/xboxygen/xboxygen-forum/applications/dashboard/models/class.importmodel.php(1074): Gdn_SQLDriver->insert('Permission', Array)
    #5 /Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/xboxygen/xboxygen-forum/applications/dashboard/models/class.importmodel.php(826): ImportModel->insertPermissionTable()
    #6 [internal function]: ImportModel->insertTables()
    #7 /Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/xboxygen/xboxygen-forum/applications/dashboard/models/class.importmodel.php(1664): call_user_func(Array)
    #8 /Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/xboxygen/xboxygen-forum/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.importcontroller.php(87): ImportModel->runStep(8)
    #9 [internal function]: ImportController->go()
    #10 /Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/xboxygen/xboxygen-forum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php(329): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #11 /Users/hmalaud/Documents/Work/workspace/xboxygen/xboxygen-forum/index.php(44): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch()
    #12 {main}

Was there anything above/below that trace?

What version of PHP are you running?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• PHP version is 5.5.29, and this is the whole log in the box.
    I'm running a local apache/php version (el capitan default), could that be a problem?

Does your exported file have data in it?

Instead of clicking on the button, you should middle click it to open it in a new tab, I think you will get the full error output that way.

Search first

• My export is a .gz file of 28Mo, containing a .txt file that contains data (~65Mo).
    You're talking about the "Start Import" button?

@hmalaud said:
    You're talking about the "Start Import" button?

Yes.

Search first

• Well it only opens the same page in another tab ^^

Would you mind sharing the export file so I could test it?

I understand if you don't.

Search first

• I can try, but is there a way so I can send it to you only maybe?

Sure, you can send me a message.

Search first

• Well mine gets block the step right before.

• Update: I have (finally) been able to try to import on a live environment, and the import worked perfectly. This is an issue linked to my el Capitan native php/apache conf... Very boring.

Sorry for the inconvenience.