Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"discussion" button does not appear for members

The discussion button does not seem to appear on the site. I as an admin has the discussion button on my menu but not my members. Even when I change their roles to as moderator and check all the boxes to give them full access as moderator.

Anybody can help on this?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Are you running a custom theme?

What plugins are you running?

What are the permissions for your member role?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight I am using a default theme and install a locale in Indonesian. I gave all member a "member" role and tick all the check boxes. I even gave them "moderator" role with all check boxes being ticked but still the button does not show. It is really strange that everything is fine expect the very button that is needed by all members is missing.

here is my forum site: forum.belajarbersama.com

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Does it look right in the default English locale?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight I tried to change it to English (default language) but the button is still missing.

• Found the problem @hgtonight I checked .htaccess and edit the code below and it now shows the "new disscussion" button. I hope I did not mess up anything, thank you for your support.

RewriteEngine On
    # Certain hosts may require the following line.
    # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /.
    # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)

# RewriteBase /forum

• kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯

rsaepuloh
    Hi, I signed up to look at the problem ... I am glad that you decided to do it. Let advice to you: return rights have been, or everyone can simply delete any messages. Please remove my account - tester.

• @kopna oh so that was you (tester), I was wondering who that was. Thank you so much to look into it. I really appreciate it.