HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Fatal error after disabling Vanilla application

I disabled the Vanilla application in Vanilla 2.2 and got the following error:
Fatal error: Class 'CategoryModel' not found in /plugins/editor/class.editor.plugin.php on line 88

Line 88 of the editor plugin is a call to CategoryModel::permissionCategory() from within EditorPlugin::__construct().

It seems that deactivating the Vanilla application does not deactivate plugins which require the Vanilla application.

Is that a known problem?

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@mtschirs said:
    I disabled the Vanilla application in Vanilla 2.2 and got the following error:
    Fatal error: Class 'CategoryModel' not found in /plugins/editor/class.editor.plugin.php on line 88
    It seems that deactivating the Vanilla application does not deactivate plugins which require the Vanilla application.

Yes, that is correct.

Is that a known problem?

I don't know but I discovered it when I accidentally disabled it back in 2.0. I went in the config to fix that.
    And enabled vanilla again.

To really disable the program you need to uninstall it.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

I don't think deactivation has ever checked prerequisites.

• Options

Maybe it should, remember the remove plugin capability and how catastrophic that was ... Maybe a warning before you disable could help.

• Options
    mtschirsmtschirs ✭✭✭

Created a pull request that fixes this problem: https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/pull/2933

• Options

Ok it looks like I did the same thing. My fatal error is on line 87. Is there any way I can manually re-enable vanilla app by editing one of the php config files perhaps? If so where can I find that PHP file?

• Options

Try adding this line to the config.php

$Configuration['EnabledApplications']['Vanilla'] = 'vanilla';

• Options

@vrijvlinder hi brother, thank you very much. I work for 24 hours full for make my organization forums and just down with 1 click only. but it has fixed with your magic code lol. May Alloh Blessing you buddy.

• Options

I install Basic Page and YAGA. after deactive/disable that applications it going normally.