Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Badges Won't Save

Am I the only one that's having issues with "Featured Badges" not saving? When I go to Profile>Edit Profile>Featured Badges, I am able to drag badges to from the bottom list to the top. However, the changes will not save and badges will not show up as featured in the user's meta.

Vanilla version: 2.2
Yaga version: 1.0.0-alpha
PHP version: 5.6

Note: I also had the same issue when I used the Yaga version that was officially released. I had to upload the alpha version due to the older application crashing when I attempted to create badges.

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I haven't tested this on 2.2 but did you click the save button after you dragged and dropped your badges?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight No it's not saving despite clicking the Save Button (v2.2)

• Options
    polkipolki New
    edited January 2016

same problem here @hgtonight .
    Vanilla 2.2, bootstrap theme

Maybe a JS bug ?

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    I haven't tested this on 2.2 but did you click the save button after you dragged and dropped your badges?

Hi @hgtonight

The issue seems to be resolved by modifying this line in yagafeaturedbadges.js:

$SelectedBadges.children('li:').each( function() {

To be this:

$SelectedBadges.children('li').each( function() {

The difference is the removal of the colon from the jquery specification. Seems to just be a typo perhaps.

• Options
    subdreamersubdreamer San Jose, CA

@hgtonight said:

I just tested this on 2.2 using YAGA version 1.0.3 and can confirm that this is a bug. The fix recommended by @aultuser didn't work for me (I emptied MaxCDN and browser's cache). I get the following when attempting to save my featured badges:

That badge is not available to be featured.

Any thoughts on this? =)

• Options

@subdreamer said:
    I just tested this on 2.2 using YAGA version 1.0.3 and can confirm that this is a bug. The fix recommended by @aultuser didn't work for me (I emptied MaxCDN and browser's cache). I get the following when attempting to save my featured badges:

That badge is not available to be featured.

Any thoughts on this? =)

https://github.com/hgtonight/Plugin-YagaFeaturedBadges/blob/6794c2e55e98eb35f0e74e6ec5575799b1fbbc81/class.yagafeaturedbadges.plugin.php#L95

Looks like the ID is getting mangled somewhere.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Has this been resolved?

• Options

Any news on a fix for this?

• Options

@Rajio said:
    Any news on a fix for this?

Perhaps in the future. Vanilla development has taken a back seat for the summer.

Search first

• Options

Thats cool. Thanks for the update :)