HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Permission Issue

r0obertr0obert
edited June 2014 in Feedback

Whenever I enable the plugin, normal members seem to lose permissions to view/access any discussions whatsoever.

Tagged:

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

it also allows members on the http://vanillaforums.org/ to noindex as well unless i have special permissions.

when i click the gear here on a discussion: http://vanillaforums.org/discussions

I can noindex any of the discussions.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

still can't upload zip files, only images.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited June 2014

Testing zip upload, yea that sucksssssssss! do you see a zip?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

miraculous. I did see yours, but you probably delete it.

, however, i get this message.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited June 2014

No I did not delete it. I saw if briefly and even downloaded it. But now it's gone. I suppose we can use external means to share files. Like Ubuntu or even from on'e own forum server.... That really sucks .

I don't see the reason to censor or ban zipping files. It helps and has helped fix people's problems ... I guess it is one way to move discussions off the forum and into the forum of the person with the problem.

I can always just use my forum to upload a zip and then give people a link to the file. Or continue the discussion there.... if necessary...

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited May 2015

I still have access here on vanillaforums.org to access noindex.

@Linc: This plugin is meant to give discussions that are not worthy to index a noindex or? Google likes and recommends user-generated-content websites to no-index private discussions with no value for others or if you have 10 threads about the same topic, so i guess this plugin is meant for this or?

Recently i had a drop in my SEO rankings of about 10%. My SEO tool allowed me to detect and it was probably because of this this reason. So this is a helpful plugin webmasters should consider, although i have to go through 10.000 discussions now. ;)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

I think here is still a permission issue that can't be set properly in the dashboard. On my board as well as here it's a security concern if regular members can stop indexing of discussion by search engines.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

The plugin checks for one of Garden.Moderation.Manage and Garden.Curation.Manage permissions. So as long as your members do not have one of that, they should not be able to add NoIndex meta to a discussion. I would assume that here on this forum only MVPs have Garden.Curation.Manage.