Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Possible to change status of discussions ?

Hi,

I'm using this addon to get relevant ad's from a Graig's list kind of site and post these as discussion on the forum. This works just fine when using Feedburner. The system account posts the discussions, can this be changed ot another account ? More important: the discussions are posted as "closed". I would like users to comment, can this status be changed in the addon ?

thanks !

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I am not sure why it is posting the discussion as closed, but you can intercept the feed item before publish and modify to suit your needs.

Use pluginController_publish_handler($sender) and the event argument 'FeedDiscussion'.

public function pluginController_publish_handler($sender) {
      $discussion =& $sender->EventArguments['FeedDiscussion'];
      // modify $discussion as you wish
    }

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Actually, the status shown was "closed" but it was still possible to comment. I've experimented a bit and found that the modified Magpie plugin was better for my needs. Thanks for commenting.