Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fresh install cannot sign in

500 Internal server error

Error log:
1455134579: /hermes/walnaweb05a/b2894/pow.ahabel/htdocs/go/ssv3_installer_payload-vuQrikBQ82.php startup

Any ideas?

Answers

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This looks like your server is compromised outside of Vanilla.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Compromised?

I have installed this twice now. Same results. Other forum software that I use works (phpbb & smf).

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I would look and see what is in the file listed.

It isn't included in the Vanilla download, of that I am certain.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• No such file exists. I have read that it may be related to file permissions.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2016

You need to scan your site for malware. There may be no file per say, the infection is not noticeable until it is too late. Check other applications like Wordpress if you have that installed for strange code. Look inside the config.php and see if there is some strange code there.

http://www.gregfreeman.io/2013/how-to-tell-if-your-php-site-has-been-compromised/

if you have been hacked, it may be related to file permissions that are too permissive like 777 ...

• I will try that. Thank you.

• I deleted any directories with Wordpress. I checked for other issues. I still cannot get it to work. Thanks for your assistance. I may need to try something else.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

If you search google for the relevant parts of the mysterious file you mentioned above, than you'll get a lot of hints for what have been said before: your server has been infected with malware.

It will not help you to delete one or the other folder. It is like a virus on your PC. You do not stop it by deleting one possibly infected file, you need to find and eliminate each and every occurance. Furthermore you should find out why it could have been compromised. That is where the file permissions get interesting.

• Thanks. Will run a complete scan today.