HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Forums Community HTTPS/SSL error

When I try to visit the Vanilla Forums in Chrome, I get the following error:

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I am using chrome on a mac, what are you using ? I don't get that when visiting the site. Maybe you need to whitelist the domain . doc files may not have been included under ssl.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Vanillaforums.com is the site for paid hosting.

If you are hosted by Vanilla you should look for help here:

https://support.vanillaforums.com/

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    edited February 2016

@brilang is correct. The link above in the main menu to the documentation gives a warning about the certificate.

I don't know much about ssl but I would guess that docs.vanillaforums.com is called with the certificate of vanillaforums.org and that this might be the problem.

@Linc: that might be of interest for you.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Firefox reports the error as

The certificate is only valid for the following names: www.github.com, *.github.com, github.com, *.github.io, github.io, *.githubusercontent.com, githubusercontent.com

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@brilang said:
    When I try to visit the Vanilla Forums in Chrome

What page, exactly?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

It happens when you click on the Documentation link in the top menu on this page. The link looks like that: https://docs.vanillaforums.com/?__hstc=some_very_long_number&__hssc=another_number&__hsfp=third_number

• @Linc, I see the error when I click the link at the top of the Forums for Documentation.

The advanced error information for the error reads:

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited February 2016

That's from me being forgetful and not deploying the fix I made for that 3 weeks ago. Done.

• @Linc Thanks for the fix! The error isn't displaying now.