HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Any free hosting services that are compatible with Vanilla?

Hey all.

I am trying to see if there are any legitimate free hosting services that will let me implement a Vanilla-based forum. At the moment, I'm still a student and I can only allocate so much monthly fees.

If that is too much of a pipe dream, then I at least want to find a fairly priced hosting service with Cloud capabilities as I have no room at home for a physical server (don't even have a spare computer that could be repurposed into a DNS server).\

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

The honest answer based on my experience is no. Free means you have limits beyond what you need to successfully run this software or other software. It is a waste of time.

You can actually get a host for about 30 bucks a year and get much more. If you can't afford 30 bucks a year then you should try the free stuff but don't expect happy results.

doormat_man
  • thanks for the info.

i assume most of these value hosting services provides Cloud-based services, primarily for the DNS? I know most do, I just would like to get an idea which company offers the best for value. Don't have room for physical servers at home.

• and is there a way to test out administrating a Vanilla-based forum? kind of like an offline sandbox?

if not, what free services will let me do this temporarily? I tried implementing Vanilla on my JPN Geocities site, but it won't accept any Perl files.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You can install a copy locally in your computer to test and develop.

Here is a list of free hosting , try them out.

http://www.webhostingbest10.com/free-web-hosting

webhostmaster