Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Import data phpbb 3.0.12 : modified image link

2»

Comments

• Options

@Linc

I have a bug for import my forum phpbb3 to Vanilla 2. I use the script porter-master : https://github.com/vanilla/porter

I have everything working except the avatars of my members.

The link of imported avatars is false. it is redirected to a folder phpbb in uploads. This folder does not exist.

A second bug exists because each file, a letter N is added to the name of each file avatars

Thank you for your help

Tof

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Not sure if you read this

http://docs.vanillaforums.com/developers/importing/porter/?__hstc=26201762.c7f7ef7c2fd7c4a550677fe347d178a8.1437110495166.1456093257803.1456095801098.793&__hssc=26201762.18.1456095801098&__hsfp=332174843#attachments

Attachments

File attachments and avatars may be stored in the file system or as binary blobs in the database depending on your platform and configuration. If they are stored in the file system (most common), copy the entire folder directly into Vanilla's uploads folder .

The Porter can export binary blobs for vBulletin. When navigating to the vanilla2export.php file, add ?avatars=1&files=1 to the URL. This will create folders for attachments and custom avatars that should each be directly copied to Vanilla's uploads folder.

append ?avatars=1&files=1filepath=/path/to/attachments to the porter URL.

To rename vBulletin's attachments to have correct extensions, use filepath=/path/to/attachmentsin the URL to process them.

Renaming phpBB's attachments requires the special utilities/phpbb.extensions.php file in the repository.

• Options
    TofTof
    edited February 2016

I read it all... =)

As I do in the script to remove the information on import avatars?

• Options

Did you copy the entire folder directly into Vanilla's uploads folder ?

• Options
    TofTof
    edited February 2016

First, I read that it was necessary to have the FileUpload plugin enabled.

It does not work. so I use Uploader 1.4

Here is a screenshot of my userpics folder vanilla 2

• Options
    TofTof
    edited February 2016

hi all,

I have a good idea
    I would reset all profile image in phpmyadmin

All my members as avatar :
    http://88.181.151.128:8080/uploads/Icones/Avatar_default.png

Thank

• Options
    edited February 2016

Good idea, then they can re-upload if they are still active !! Not sure why the author of the porter has not come to help and I am sorry... :(

• Options
    TofTof
    edited February 2016

I do not know how I can reset!

• Options
    TofTof
    edited February 2016

Here is the solution:

In phpmyadmin select the table GDN_User

Right-click SQL to write your sql script :

update GDN_User set Photo = ""

The avatar becomes the default defined in the custom plugin avatar

• Options

I was just going to say the same thing !! voila!!

• Options

=)=)

• Options
    edited February 2016

@Linc , here is someone who deserves the solution sayer badge if there ever was someone who deserved it more than Tof...

You on the other hand , get the Turtle badge ;)

• Options
    DaazKuDaazKu Head of Operations Admin
    edited February 2016

Hey guys,

I hope I'm not too late!
    When you upload an avatar to vanilla it take the original image and do some transformation to it.
    The resulting output are 2 images:
    Picture: p[IMAGE_NAME].[EXTENSION]
    Thumbnail: n[IMAGE_NAME].[EXTENSION]

So when importing from phpbb you need to take all the images and prepend n and p to them.

You can use the mmv command like so:

mmv -c "sourceAvatarFolder/*.*" "uploads/phpbb/n#1.#2"
    mmv -c "sourceAvatarFolder/*.*" "uploads/phpbb/p#1.#2"

afterward you just need to check that the paths set in the database matches with the folder structure you have.
    (This is always relative to the uploads folder)

The previous example with the mmv command assume that all images will be in a phpbb folder.
    That means that you should have paths like this in the Photo columns: phpbb/[IMAGE_NAME].[EXTENSION]

An issue more or less related to that is already open in the porter: https://github.com/vanilla/porter/issues/84