Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

jsConnect is always fetching image from the main site

I implemented jsConnect on my Vanilla site. It is working successfully currently. The only problem is, it is loading all the image of the user again from the main site (who logged in using jsConnect) every time the page is loading.
That's why the page is taking too much of time to load!

It's good that it is fetching the image from the site so that the thumbnail remains updated but it should not do it always. There should be some setting that it fetch it once in 24 hours and save it locally and then show it from local storage.

Also, the fetched image should be resized to thumbnail size to show it side to discussion title. But the whole large image is showing side to discussion title hence the page is loading slow!

Any idea??

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Put the avatars from your main site on a CDN. And/or send Vanilla a smaller version.

• Options

@Linc said:
    Put the avatars from your main site on a CDN. And/or send Vanilla a smaller version.

If vanilla is sent a smaller version then in profile page the profile picture is getting blurred as the smaller image is getting stretched to fit it!

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

@Irfanalam123 said:
    If vanilla is sent a smaller version then in profile page the profile picture is getting blurred as the smaller image is getting stretched to fit it!

That's true. One option would be hide the image on profile pages.

You're going to have to engage your brain here and work on this a bit. I've never heard of anyone else having avatars stored somewhere that made them too slow to load (which kinda defeats the whole point, no?) so if you're waiting for me to file this as some sort of bug you're gonna be waiting a really long time.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Without being sure that I understood the question: shouldn't static images be cached anyway if you like to tweak the performance?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13028990/htaccess-leverage-browser-caching-for-images-and-css