Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Profile Extender fields blank when editing profile

13»

Comments

• After upgrading from 2.0.17.9 to 2.1.11, now if the user registers with the information it still does not get saved; however, if the user manually enters the information themselves, then if I click "edit user" at least now it's pre-populating correctly.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

@MrVlad said:
    did you find a solution to your problem ?

the easiest change is to try the profile extender plugin that comes with 2.2b1

profile extender 3.02 (save on registration fields seem to work).

in class.profileextender.plugin.php

then change line 443 (since htmlfilter doesn't exist in 2.1)

from

echo ' <dd class="ProfileExtend Profile'.Gdn_Format::alphaNumeric($Name).'">'.Gdn_Format::htmlFilter($Value).'</dd> ';

to

echo ' <dd class="ProfileExtend Profile'.Gdn_Format::alphaNumeric($Name).'">'.Gdn_Format::html($Value).'</dd> ';

fixes profile edit.

and change line 243 (as indicated by previous poster

from

$this->UserFields = Gdn::userModel()->GetMeta($Sender->data("User.UserID"), 'Profile.%', 'Profile.');

to

$this->UserFields = Gdn::UserModel()->GetMeta($Sender->User->UserID, 'Profile.%', 'Profile.');

here is the version 3.02 profile extender version (extracted from vanilla 2.2b1) with the above 2 changes to make it work in vanilla 2.1

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited September 2015

@peregrine You are very appreciated - that fixed it! Do you mind if I make a pull request with your code?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

@gratiafide said:
    peregrine You are very appreciated - that fixed it! Do you mind if I make a pull request with your code?

thx for feedback.

feel free to do what you like with regard to github, I stopped posting there myself for my own set of reasons.

I just took the suggested changes in this discussion and applied them to
    profile extender 3.02 and the change in the format since it seemed to break things with htmlFilter function (even when the function was added).

the odds that they will backport plugin changes to vanilla 2.1 is highly unlikely and the effort may be futile.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine Great idea to try the newer version of the plugin. There's a new head to the Vanilla R&D so maybe you can start contributing again to Github if you like as I'll bet you'd have valuable contributions to make. I'll make the pull request and we'll see what happens.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

ok, we'll see what happens. :grin:

• Well ... I tried your fix, it works fine on locale, but the issue remains on my server :/

• Sorry to bring this up again but I am running latest version of Vanilla and the latest version of the Extender and I'm still having this issue. I've double checked the lines of code referenced as well and those are accurate.

When the user fills out the extended fields of data then I look at their profile on the admin panel I see no data, if I login as that user and edit their profile I see no fields of data that were captured during the registration process.

Thanks all!

• Hi , I am also facing same problem . Installed Forum 2.2.1 and profile Extender -3.0.2
    1) Check List - doesn't give space to enter options
    2) Values are not saved when new members register.

If Admin manually edit member profiles and save data then it's working.

Kindly suggest the workaround.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You may have run into a bug or have not set permissions properly in the dashboard. Please start a new discussion since this one is a bit old...