Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

where to edit in the bootstrap Superhero theme

edited April 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

i am trying to edit the background of the first post and the first reply.

what is the code in the css to look for?

many thanks

screenshot attached

Tagged:

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@AmericanBidder

Welcome to the community.

You can use a web inspector (e.g. Firebug for Firefox) to identify the name of the elements.

• Thanks so much trying to figure out how to use these programs. I am very bad at css :(

• jackmaessenjackmaessen ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016

Give us the url of the page so we can look into the source

edited April 2016
    div.Item-Body {
      background-color: #whaterver you want;
    }

Note that the background-color of all the comments are changing; not only the first one. But you prefer only the topic and first comment to be changed?

• what file that in? it isnt in the custom.css

• I want to change the white background in all the replies from why so we can read the posts

edited April 2016

you have to put these lines into your custom_darkly.css in themes/bootstrap/design/custom_darkly.css

div.Item-Body {
          background-color: #whaterver you want;
        }

• OHHH, jeez thanks man!!

• resolved

• agaveryagavery Miami, FL New

Please advise. I run a very small sporting apparel business, and don't know much about Bootstrap framework. I'm switching my old HTML website to a Magento site using the T-shirt Shop theme from TemplateMonster, which matches perfectly with my vision of the new website's layout. Consequently, I've been researching hosting companies. Now I wonder what hosting options are available that are really geared/optimized for Magento & Bootstrap stability. And do I really need dedicated hosting or VPS?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

This seems to be a Magento question but this is the support forums for the Vanilla forums script. I'd advice to look for a Magento support forum.