Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

What about a 'cancel' or 'delete draft' button right underneath the editor?

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband AfficionadoCole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

I told my users that this would be a bad thing to do, scalability-wise, and they're happy with that - so I'm perfectly satisfied with the plugin and will be paying/donating. In reality, I have no idea what the implications of doing this would be, or how hard it would be.

In case you're interested, what they originally asked for was a 'Cancel' button under the comment editor (similar to the one I see under the discussion editor here). So if you start typing something, a draft gets autosaved, and then you change your mind, you can hit 'Cancel' (or 'Delete Draft', whatever) and the draft gets purged immediately, on the spot.

Thanks again, @hgtonight !!

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I couldn't figure out a way to do it without writing any JS, but the feature has been added in 0.3: https://vanillaforums.org/addon/draftsweeper-plugin-0.3

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

Wishing there were a 'slow clap' button.

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

The 'Clear Draft' button was deleting the draft, but not clearing the text from the editor, when using WYSIWYG advanced editor. I added this after line 5 of sweeper.js and it seems to work now:

$('.wysihtml5-sandbox').contents().find("body").html('');