Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Wordpress Bridge feedback and feature request

I've been recently started using Vanilla for the first time, together with wordpress. It's the best forum platform so far that I have tested together with wordpress

I would like to suggest some certain features which would make it even more amazing.

For comments on posts instead of the thread being started by the "system" user it would be good if it could be started by the same user who made the post on the blog.

Also automatically swap author pages on wordpress with the forum user pages and add a list of articles/posts written by each user to its profile.

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Yeah, I agree that'd be nice. The problem is the system isn't making a secure connection to start those discussions, and we don't necessarily know what WordPress user made the blog post. You'd need a full API integration to achieve that extra detail, and that would complicate the setup and architecture of it tremendously. We chose to let it just post as System to keep it simple for folks.

• @Linc , Thanks for the reply. I guess its not in the works for the time being but Im hopeful some day it gets implemented / improved.
    Vanilla really does look like a solid platform and the bridge does its job but its definitely lacking in features, but I guess it's already better than nothing, since from what I researched no other forum software has working bridges with wordpress currently, at least not free ones.