Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

No users showing up in admin panel after importing from vBulletin

Hi,

I have just finished a successfull import from vBulletin 4.x to Vanilla.

However, I have noticed at least one issue so far:

When I go to Dashboard - Users

There are no users showing up at all.

I checked the database and the table is there (GDN_User), with thousands of rows.

Might this be a little glitch in the porter addon? Any idea on how can I fix this?

Thank you very much!

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Did the import report a success?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Hi @hgtonight

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the import reported a success, but when I go to [Dashboard - Users] there is no list of users at all.

If I enter % in the search field, then it looks like the full list of users shows up. Is it the normal behaviour?

One more question, please: there is a number of .TXT files in /uploads/import/ and I wonder if I can safely delete them:

Activity.txt
    Category.txt
    Comment.txt
    Conversation.txt
    ConversationMessage.txt
    Discussion.txt
    Media.txt
    Poll.txt
    PollOption.txt
    PollVote.txt
    UserConversation.txt
    UserDiscussion.txt

Thank you!

• Hi again,

I don't mind about the use with the Users' list... but I would like to know whether it is safe to delete the files in /uploads/import/

Activity.txt
    Category.txt
    Comment.txt
    Conversation.txt
    ConversationMessage.txt
    Discussion.txt
    Media.txt
    Poll.txt
    PollOption.txt
    PollVote.txt
    UserConversation.txt
    UserDiscussion.txt

Thank you!

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Make a back up of them, obviously, and then do it!

I can't swear to it, but I would assume they are files used in the porter process to populate the database.

As long as the relevant tables have been created and populated, I can't think what Vanilla would subsequently do with the .txt files.

• Thanks for your reply @whu606 :)