HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Announcement functionality.

Is there a way to engineer the announcement functionality to pin a thread as expected (in a sub forum for example), but then also show the thread in the recent thread list (home page) when a new post is added to that thread?

As is stands some of our most popular/useful pinned threads do not show up in recent threads as they are ALSO pinned in subforums (we would not want to pin them on home as well).

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You found a bug!

A discussion announced only in a category will not be listed in the recent discussions page unless there is a discussion announced in the recent discussions page.

Can any one else reproduce this?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Oh, haha.

I thought somehow the announcement 'feature' precluded it from recent.

If it's a bug that would be a good thing, as long as it get squashed!

Ta

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@hgtonight: I can confirm (tested with 2.3b1):

If I announce a discussion in a category only, it disappears from the recent discussion list.
    I announced a second discussion, this time to category and recent discussions, and the first discussion now also shows up in recent discussions.
    Unannouncing the second discussion makes the first disappear again.

• Sounds like magic.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thanks!

I updated my 'class.discussionmodel.php' with this changes: https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/pull/3730/files

Now problem is solved (I think!).

Cheers :)