Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Email sending crashes on a clean install

Hi,

I have a clean install, did not modify the mail-sending components in any way, however, sending email always crushes on this:

if(!$rt) {
throw new phpmailerException($this->Lang('instantiate'), self::STOP_CRITICAL);
}

I haven't been able to find out what's causing the problem, but maybe somebody more experienced will know :-) What could be the cause?

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

What OS are you using?

Are you using an external SMTP server?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thanks for the reply. CentOS 6.7, internal smtp. if I switch to external (and use correct authentication settings), it crashes on line 821 of class.phpmailer.php, which is the middle one of this:

if (!$connection) {
    throw new phpmailerException($this->Lang('connect_host'), self::STOP_SERVER);
    }

which is strange since the connections settings are definitely correct.

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited May 2016

try examples here:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

check if firewall is blocking your port for the mail as well.

$rt = @mail($val, essentially $Subject, $body, $header, $params);

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.