Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Karma Purchase Highlighted Discussions

I am trying this plugin out by @x00 and I just downloaded it and put it in my plugins folder. I enabled it at plugins through my website's dashboard. Bought the Highlight Discussion using my karma in store and then made a post using the checked "Highlight Post" checkbox.

After I posted I don't see my discussion highlighted at all. Am I suppose to add css code somewhere to make the discussion highlighted after downloading the plugin? If so, where do I add css code to make the purchased discussions highlighted?

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

From the addon page:

The css rule you can style is

.Discussions .Highlight

But you can be more specific than that.

You need to provide the highlight CSS. The plugin provides the mechanism to generate the class names where appropriate.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    From the addon page:

The css rule you can style is

.Discussions .Highlight

But you can be more specific than that.

You need to provide the highlight CSS. The plugin provides the mechanism to generate the class names where appropriate.

Where do you add that css?

@okhawaja said:

Your (custom) theme.

Or you can just use the CSSEdit addon here: https://vanillaforums.org/addon/cssedit-plugin

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:

@okhawaja said:

Your (custom) theme.

Or you can just use the CSSEdit addon here: https://vanillaforums.org/addon/cssedit-plugin

Could it be possible that the whole Market place plugin only applies to Desktop and not Mobile?

The reason I say this is because when I go on Mobile to the site, I don't see the Store tab in menu. Also, I sucessfully got the discussion purchased to highlight background, but this didn't apply to mobile. I even added the same css to the mobile's customise.css and it won't show the discussion as highlighted that it did on Desktop. Even with CSSEEdit addon the changes show on desktop but not mobile, so does this mean the market place plugin only works on desktop and not mobile?

• okhawajaokhawaja New
    edited June 2016

I just used Chrome's web inspector and there is class ItemDiscussionHighlight that exists for Desktop, but for Mobile it reads ItemDiscussion. That means this plugin is meant to work on Desktop only.

The marketplace addon is not marked as mobile friendly.

This means it will not be loaded if the user agent is detected as mobile.

reference: https://github.com/x00/MarketPlace-Vanilla-Plugin/blob/102f4d9951e90ce6f2b21d37b33cee812c10a507/default.php#L5-L13

Search first

• I will update this.

grep is your friend.

• Shouldn't it still atleast highlight the purchased discussion in mobile even though market place doesn't allow store to be used on mobile? I feel like users would think they are getting ripped off for buying a purchase discussion that only shows highlighted on desktop and not mobile.

I think it's this part of the code that has to also add mobile and not just desktop:

$ThemeViewLoc = CombinePaths(array(
            PATH_THEMES, $Sender->Theme,'views', 'purchasehighlighteddiscussions'
        ));
        $View='';
        if(file_exists($ThemeViewLoc.DS.'highlighteddiscussions.php')){
            $View=$ThemeViewLoc.DS.'highlighteddiscussions.php';
        }else{
            $View=dirname(__FILE__).DS.'views'.DS.'highlighteddiscussions.php';
        }
        $Sender->SetTabView('HighlightedDiscussions', $View, 'Profile', 'Dashboard');
        $Sender->Render();

@okhawaja said:
    Shouldn't it still atleast highlight the purchased discussion in mobile even though market place doesn't allow store to be used on mobile?

If an addon is not marked as mobile friendly, the framework doesn't load it at all. None of the code in the addon is executed.

Search first

• I don't know if it's just me, but when I Edit a highlighted discussion, and then Save, the highlight goes away...Anyone else experience this?