HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Crowd-Funding] Groups Add-On

Comments

• There is also a model for members, which you can use. So it can be standalone.

grep is your friend.

• noncenonce Necro-on Forensics

quite a generous offer x00!

• Keep us in the loop. Can't wait to try it out.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@x00: Oh my, what news! I've been looking for a group application for long and threw a community funded version more than once in the ring for a discussion. If i can support anything with design or funding of open features, let me know.

Groups are fundamental feature for a variety of communty styles and not only for large ones. I can testify that communties with about 1000 active users could need this feature, as Vanilla's discussion speed can make an active community quiet foggy (in the sense of finding topics again and pic up where you left).

Thanx. Can't wait to see more.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • I have no logo, anyone want to do one?

grep is your friend.

@x00: I will give it a try!

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

Hi @x00 - here is a logo you may use

edited March 2016

Here is my idea!

edited March 2016

I add two more. :)

• These are great guys.

As there is already a groups plugin I called it My Groups, however it doesn't have to matter.

rbrahmson thanks for your design, I just found there was a too much going on, good effort though.

phreak I really like your designs especially 1 and 2

This is what they look like at 64x64 and 128x128

based on that first is really clear, and it think it looks good. Second one there is a bit of an issue with the light blue not standing out, and maybe too many circles and colours.

I think 1 would be the best.

grep is your friend.

edited March 2016

Hi @x00,

Ok, with the name MyGroups i had another idea. I hope i'm not annoying. ;) I usually don't do logos in an hour per design but this is what i came up with.

• I agree. #1 is great.

• noncenonce Necro-on Forensics

I like Our Groups better. My implies ownership. Our implies community.

One of the logos looked like people drowning in a bowl of tomato soup. I like the iron ring around a bunch of multi-colored balloons better, if given a choice. I much prefer a double helix separating into spinoff recombinants.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2016

The logo doesn't have to to have My in it.

grep is your friend.

• It is not as if "My Groups" is plastered all over the place for normal users. The only reference to it for them is the tab with group they have joined. that is locale friendly anyway.

grep is your friend.

• subdreamersubdreamer San Jose, CA

@x00 said:
    The logo doesn't have to to have My in it.

I agree.

• Any ETA on when this might drop?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@PFAFF said:
    Any ETA on when this might drop?

When it is ready.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:

@PFAFF said:
    Any ETA on when this might drop?

When it is ready.

Fair enough. I wasn't sure if @x00 had it ready and was planning to release soon.

• Hey :) Is there any update on this? That would be exactly what i am looking for :)