Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Discussion Extender delete field is buggy

I am using the Discussion Extender add-on and when I add a new field and then delete it, on New Discussion it won't let me submit discussions because it says the required field needs to be filled, but I deleted that field. The field is not there in New Discussion, but the red alerts appear anyway. Is this a bug?

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks for trying my addon!

You have probably created a column for a required field, then deleted it without removing the column (and associated data) from the db schema. This will cause Vanilla's internal validation to throw this error.

This is intentional behavior; the tool was used incorrectly.

You can either use the addon to add the field again and forcefully remove the column and data, or you can drop the column via your favorite SQL interface: ALTER TABLE {$Px}Discussion DROP {$ColumnName}.

Finally, I suggest reading the README if it is ever available: https://github.com/hgtonight/Plugin-DiscussionExtender/blob/master/README.md

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.