Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Pocket between comments with infinite scroll.

Hej,

I got an issuse with the pockets plugin but it also depends on the infinite scroll plugin:

Pockets can be placed every nth comment on a discussion side. So it depends on how many comments are on one discussion side. Because of the infinite scroll plugin and the Vanilla features to jump to the first unread comment and to see how many comments have already been read in one discussion i had to set the number of comments per side to 1.
So for the user's eye i have one large site with all comments, but in the coder's eye i have a lot of sites with only one comment placed one below another. Now to place a pocket every nth comment fails because there is only one comment per page and nobody wants to put a pocket after every comment.

Do you understand my misery? Do you have any idea how to solve this issue or where i could break up the code? Is it better to solve inside Pocket, or Infinite Scroll or Vanilla itself?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You could set your page size and your repeat frequency to the same. That should give you one pocket each page with the desired number of discussions between them.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I'am having an issue with the pockets plugin as well, may be with YAGA application.

The pockets don't show up in menu badge page (Yaga.MenuLinks.Show).

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Yaga is an application and has its own hooks. I doubt Pockets specifically supports Yaga.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight написал:
    Yaga is an application and has its own hooks. I doubt Pockets specifically supports Yaga.

But pockets show up in Best of.., it's YAGA page, isn't it? No pockets in badges and ranks pages only.

And @hgtonight, many thanks for YAGA, it's really great application. <3

• @hgtonight thank you for your idea, but i allready got this one. the problem is (was), that i want the correct number of unread comments. if you have a pagination with 30 comments per page and you go on the 2nd page, then you automatically have 60 read comments.
    to resolve this i used 1 comment / page to get the correct number while scrolling. but with this you have no frequency for the pockets.
    well, my solution was to deal with this and set the number of comments/site to 10-15...that seems like an ok amount.
    still thank you for your help!