Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

allow our registered visitors to edit their own threads and replies

ShatojonShatojon New
edited July 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out within the roles & permissions system, how to allow our registered visitors to edit their own threads and replies, without time limits on certain categories, but only theirs, not other users' too.

Thank you.

Answers

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
  • RiverRiver MVP
    edited July 2016

temporarily adjust to unlimited per session - create your own conditional based on values you want.

saveToConfig('Garden.EditContentTimeout', '-1', array('Save' => FALSE));

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Hey everyone,

Thank you for your responses - very appreciated!

I'm genuinely surprised this isn't an option by default available in the core. :anguished:

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Shatojon said:
    Hey everyone,

I'm genuinely surprised this isn't an option by default available in the core. :anguished:

It is a built in perk for Yaga.

/shameless self promotion

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited July 2016

@hgtonight said:

@Shatojon said:
    Hey everyone,

• without time limits on certain categories,

It is a built in perk for [Yaga

Is it really. Is this TRUE or FALSE.

I believe user asked for different timeouts for "certain" categories for the registered users.

interpreted as different categories with different timeouts for user.

meaning a Single User or role or rank can have different Timeouts based on different categories. Category A - timeout unlimited. Category B timeout 15 minutes same user.

Are you saying this is builitin perk or did you misinterpret question?

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@River said:

Misinterpretation, but that perk sounds like a cool idea.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited July 2016

@hgtonight said:

@River said:

Misinterpretation, but that perk sounds like a cool idea.

doesn't need to be a perk, tho might be a good feature in vanilla core