HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Just one idea about this excelent plugin : embeded Twitch TV

VPsykeVPsyke New
edited August 2013 in Feedback

Seeing your excelent plugin, thank you to you for sharing him, I had an idea.

Many users use Vanilla Forums to talk about video game it would be possible to make this plugin with Twitch TV http://www.twitch.tv/ instead of vchat.

This type of plugin does not exist for Vanilla Forums but there is for Word Press :

http://www.plumeriawebdesign.com/twitch-tv-embed-suite/

http://wordpress.org/plugins/twitch-tv-embed-suite/screenshots/

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

thanks! yes you can just replace the tiny chat with another embed for anything or even add it in the same page. You would add it in the vchat.php .

• But for have integration in dashboard its one bit more difficult.

I am not sure how that works but I assume you can enable it in wordpress and embed it anywhere else, I notice that it uses shortcodes as many things do now , that would likely be the biggest issue think because if it relies on shortcodes you would need a plugin for that. In order to incorporate it to vanilla .

I would have to see what it does and how to give a good opinion. But the chat page is just a page that you can add content to in this case I added a chat room. The chatroom settings are controlled from tiny chat , I would assume if you use that plugin in wordpress that you can embed the chat anywhere else.

Thank you @plumwd , That would be awesome !!

• It will take me a little while since I've never worked with Vanilla Forums before. I'll grab a download and whip something up this weekend.

Welcome to Vanilla !! you will like it very much I guarantee :)

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@plumwd said:
    It will take me a little while since I've never worked with Vanilla Forums before. I'll grab a download and whip something up this weekend.

I work with WordPress myself and I can tell you that, once you will get used to Vanilla (which means immediately) you will start hating "captain hook". :)

• plumwd really thank you. You be one sugar.

• @plumwd said:
    Hi there, I am the plugin author. I've never created a Vanilla Forums plugin, but I'd be more than happy to convert this one for use in Vanilla forums.

Any updates?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@r0obert‌ I have a plugin in the works called Community Streams you can check out here: https://github.com/hgtonight/Plugin-CommunityStreams

It is a little rough around the edges, but I would love you to check it out and give me some feedback.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight that's awesome! I will check it out and get back to you, thanks!

She never came back you might write to her and ask what happened @plumwd

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

@vrijvlinder said:
    She never came back you might write to her and ask what happened plumwd

@r0obert

she can be found here http://profiles.wordpress.org/plumwd/ and at here website you might get a better response.

considering she never logged back into vanilla here.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @hgtonight Has there been any updates to the community streams plug in? It's not working for me (no streams page but users can add their streams to their profiles). Would be awesome if you've got some news, advice or could direct me to another twitch plugin!

@Sloth said:
    @hgtonight Has there been any updates to the community streams plug in? It's not working for me (no streams page but users can add their streams to their profiles). Would be awesome if you've got some news, advice or could direct me to another twitch plugin!

I never released it here because it was never really finished. The community I was developing it for has kind of dried up.

I am not even sure what features would be good to add to it, as I barely streamed.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thats a real shame. I'm working on a gaming community now and it would have been perfect allowing users to link their channels and then have a communal page to view all the streams if they were live.

Oh well, thanks for answering! :)

@Sloth said:
    Thats a real shame. I'm working on a gaming community now and it would have been perfect allowing users to link their channels and then have a communal page to view all the streams if they were live.

You can do that, what you can't do is integrate it with vanilla as far as the moderation and settings for the channels or the community channel , but you can easily embed this kind of thing on a page or even on the main discussions page.

@Sloth said:
    Thats a real shame. I'm working on a gaming community now and it would have been perfect allowing users to link their channels and then have a communal page to view all the streams if they were live.

Oh well, thanks for answering! :)

I will put this on my list of addons to revisit. It is licensed under GPL so you could fork it, modify it, or contribute to it.

Search first

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited September 2016

I just released the Live Stream Page plugin that adds a simple page with a Twitch video embed and chat embed for one channel along with a couple more features. If you want to display an official live stream on your Vanilla Forums, this plugin is for you. :)

If you want to display multiple channels, I recommend checking out and contributing to hgtonight's Community Streams plugin mentioned in this discussion.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app