HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Nice! thx phreak and hgtonight

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited September 2014 in Feedback

looks pretty nice. well done kudos to you both.

it does not filter out announcements - you may not want to, but in case you didn't notice.

also, it would be nice to have the inverse. any suggestions on how to filter out discussions that have no comments or thoughts of adding feature, I haven't looked at the code myself. In other words only display discussions that have at least one comment. seems like it would be a useful counterpart with additional link in panel. e.g.
"commented discussions. "

I know of a few forums where someone posts lots of discussions and no one comments, and some people would like to see only discussions, that have comments, since the discussions with no comments often take up the entire first page and displace the discussions where actual discussion w/ commenting is going on.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• forgot to mention @hgtonight and/or @phreak‌

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I suppose announcements could be filtered out.

Glad you liked it. :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@hgtonight said:
    I suppose announcements could be filtered out.

Glad you liked it. :)

it probably is not a real issue, if there are not many announcements.
    but maybe forum admins might want the announcement to be omnipresent no matter what.

I suppose an option in settings, might be an option :)

still think the inverse discussions only with comments would be a good option. I'll investigate :)

I would think something like Hot Threads would serve the opposite, huh?

IIRC, that takes into account discussion age and participation as well.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

I would think something like Hot Threads would serve the opposite, huh?

no just tried Hot Threads, it won't do the job i suggested.

anyway it was a thought of feature enhancement. whatever you decide to do with Zero Comments.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited September 2014

@peregrine: Hmm, i actually se a point here. It might be an interesting concept to base a plugin on the function of showing discussions between X and Y comments. The backend allows 2 fields to give a minimum and a maximum of comments of the discussions shown.

Sure this concept is heavy to explain to users, so i as admin would choose to describe them or the menue link as "Recent discussions". The idea behind is as similar as you mention @peregrine but also holds benefits regarding pushing discussions that already took interest but didn't explode yet to more interactivity. What could also result in better SERPs regarding those topics.

I also think it's an interesting concept but i wouldn't need it right now. Also right now, we'd probably get more voices on this or more people who claim to need it or? Or someone simply does it. :D

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • @peregrine said:
    looks pretty nice. well done kudos to you both.

it does not filter out announcements - you may not want to, but in case you didn't notice.

+1

Yes it is a nice and useful plugin.
    I have just tested on my forum, and I immediately notice it shows the announcements. Could be nice to filter this.
    An other improvement could be also to filter out the number of post because it shows all post without comments including post from private moderators discussions that the members can not see.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

@phreak‌

have you noticed the pager (the page counter)

e.g. 123....... 200, 201

does not reflect an accurate page count when viewing zero comment threads.

it reflects the same page count as Total Discussions.

curious if you see the same. kind of a minor issue, but just the same am curious if you see the same issue.

@peregrine: Thank you for reporting, i'm checkin this one out and put in the dev-pipe. :)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    edited December 2014

@peregrine Thanks for finding the bug.

@phreak I believe I just pushed a fix to the git repo. Please test it and let me know if it works on your end.

EDIT - Proper caching is required to have the "desirable" pager.

Search first

Thanx @peregrine and @hgtonight. Updated to v0.2!

• @hgtonight said:
    peregrine Thanks for finding the bug.

phreak I believe I just pushed a fix to the git repo. Please test it and let me know if it works on your end.

EDIT - Proper caching is required to have the "desirable" pager.

What was the fix for this? I downloaded 0.2 this past week and the pager numbers are still showing total all discussions not total discussions with zero count.

• this is not working Fu##$$

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@ishanrd

I'm assuming, from the fact that you have given no details about what the issue is, and under what circumstances it is not working, that you just wanted to let off steam.

I don't think i should reply at all to dirty words. ;)

• @whu606 Sry man.. nerver mind tha F#$$ word im sry .... This plaging cant enable ?? @phreak Sry