Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Preparing for Go-live of Vanilla Forums, on existing website..

Hi all, after a couple of years (!!!) of on-and-off development with Vanilla Forums integrating it into our existing website, we are finally nearly ready to deploy.

As we have existing users though, i wondered - some (YAGA) awards are awarded when a user logs in to their account e.g. anniversary award. We wouldn't want users to be bombarded by emails and notifications the first time they log in, and also it would be good if, in the case of the anniversary award, we could award them back-dated to when they would have earned it.

I thought about creating a script on my dev machine which loops through all the users and awards the badges as necessary, then edit the award dates manually in the database before uploading to live - but is there a better way?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options

grep is your friend.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks for the mention @x00. The system will back award the anniversary based badges if the user's insert date changes. You could temporarily disable notifications on new accounts. You can also manually insert the badges for each user directly into the db. That would bypass the notification system completely.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    You can also manually insert the badges for each user directly into the db. That would bypass the notification system completely.

Thanks @hgtonight - will do that, seems like the safest option :)