Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Entry popups not expanding iFrame in embedded comments

Plea for help to stop me going mad... I've just upgraded to 2.3 for our forum which doubles as a WP comments system. In 2.2 I changed something to expand the embed iFrame when the login window appears - but I've lost my notes.

Anyone got any ideas where I should start looking again? I think it's popup.js, but not sure.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

For changing things , do not change the core files. I recall you had an issue a bit back. Depending on how you updated, you might have to re enter the url in the dashboard for the embedded comments.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

What you really want to do is go to the settings for Comment Embed in the Dashboard and disable the sign-in popup entirely. That will solve your issue, methinks, without any core changes.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I believe to disable the pop up there is an option in the dashboard for embedding, otherwise put this in config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['SignIn']['Popup']=false;

• Yeah - we've got that switched. I just remember there was something simple that got the pop-up working nicely for embeds. If I remember I'll make sure to share this time :)

• @adamoxford would love you share the solution. Got the same problem...

• edited December 2016

@MarcusMaximus So jquery.popup.js is the issue - it creates a "max-height" based on the original height of the iFrame rather than the expanded version.

There's two options. You can either comment out line 137 in js/library/jquery.popup.js

'max-height': pagesize[3] * .8,

Obviously not recommended as that's a core file. Better (I think...) [is to replace the file altogether with the much newer version of jquery.popup.js found here (it's version 2.2 and about seven years newer than the one bundled with Vanilla).

I haven't run into any issues using the newer version yet - maybe the devs can evaluate it for inclusion in the next release?

• @vrijvlinder Indeed - we did have problems before which we never managed to fix. But 2.3 (with that edit above) is flying at the moment. No problems at all.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited December 2016

I really do not recommend folks replace jquery.popup.js with a newer version on their own. I highly doubt it is a 1:1 replacement; we used to be pretty bad about customizing our bundled jQuery libraries. You may not find the breakage for a while but it could be pretty bad when you do.