Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Comments count down after upgrading from 2.2.1 to 2.3

AristaPAristaP New
edited December 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

I just noticed that the comments and discussions count went down after the upgrade from version 2.2.1 to version 2.3.

Before the upgrade
13,332 discussions 73,775 comments

After the upgrade
5.8K discussions 23.3K comments

Does anyone have any idea what happened and how to fix it?

Thank you!

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Where are you seeing these numbers?

• Thanks for your reply, @Linc

Well, from the main page, the summary below the title of each category.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited December 2016

So a particular category now appears to have fewer discussions & comments.

Were any other categories affected in a similar way?

Does that category have sub-categories? Perhaps sub-categories containing exactly as many discussions & comments as the difference in the numbers above? ;)

I am suspecting that this is just a parent category no longer counting all the discussions / comments in its children.

• @Linc said:
    So a particular category now appears to have fewer discussions & comments.

Were any other categories affected in a similar way?

I don't know. I just noticed the main category. There is another one, for private use of Admins and Moderators, but I didn't pay attention to that one.

Does that category have sub-categories? Perhaps sub-categories containing exactly as many discussions & comments as the difference in the numbers above? ;)

I am suspecting that this is just a parent category no longer counting all the discussions / comments in its children.

Yes, one main category (which you can see in the screenshot) and then many sub-categories.

Please let me know how to check that. I'm new to Vanilla and I find it was a lot easier to check things like that in vBulletin.

Either way, did you change anything related to this on your 2.3 version?

Thanks!