Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Gdn_Validation SphinxSearchPlugin

Hello,
On step 3(Optional)

I'm getting the following error:

Call to protected method Gdn_Validation::AddValidationField() from context 'SphinxSearchPlugin'

Whats wrong?

Comments

• Full error:

Fatal Error in SphinxSearchPlugin.Controller_InstallWizard();

Call to protected method Gdn_Validation::AddValidationField() from context 'SphinxSearchPlugin'
    The error occurred on or near: /var/www/html/vanilla5/plugins/SphinxSearch/class.sphinxsearch.plugin.php
    346:                     }
    347:                     break;
    348:                 case 'Config': // AKA cron setup
    349:                     $Sender->SetData('NextAction', 'Config'); //in case it fails
    350:                     $this->ConfigurationModel->Validation->AddValidationField('Plugin.SphinxSearch.IndexerPath',$_POST);
    351:                     $this->ConfigurationModel->Validation->AddValidationField('Plugin.SphinxSearch.ConfPath',$_POST);
    352:                     $Sender->Form->Save();
    353:                     if (!$Sender->Form->Errors()) {
    354:                         $SphinxAdmin->InstallCron();
    Backtrace:
    [/var/www/html/vanilla5/library/core/class.plugin.php:336] SphinxSearchPlugin->Controller_InstallWizard();
    [/var/www/html/vanilla5/plugins/SphinxSearch/class.sphinxsearch.plugin.php:234] Gdn_Plugin->dispatch();
    [/var/www/html/vanilla5/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:313] SphinxSearchPlugin->PluginController_SphinxSearch_Create();
    [/var/www/html/vanilla5/index.php:44] Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch();

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

Are you using the versoin from github or the download zip from the plugins site? This was solved a while ago and I haven't uploaded the new version to the plugins site. I Just recommend people to use the latest on github. @see here: https://github.com/mcuhq/SphinxSearchPlugin/issues/19

• Yes, i've fixed it using the version on github.
    But i have another problem, indexes are not updated
    No errors in log

this is my cron.reindex.delta.php:

<?php  /*
             * Add the following cron job to update the delta index every 2 hours
             */
            // 0 */2 * * * /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/vanilla5/plugins/SphinxSearch/cron/cron.reindex.delta.php

define('PATH_TO_SPHINX_INDEXER', '/usr/bin/indexer');
            define('PATH_TO_SPHINX_CONFIG', '/etc/sphinxsearch/sphinx.conf');
            define('SPHINX_INDEX_NAME', 'vss_');

$Command = PATH_TO_SPHINX_INDEXER." --config ".PATH_TO_SPHINX_CONFIG." ".SPHINX_INDEX_NAME."delta --rotate >> /var/www/html/vanilla5/plugins/SphinxSearch/cron/sphinx_cron.log 2>&1";
            exec($Command);

Paths are correct in other files too

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

For those still following, it has been solved: https://github.com/mcuhq/SphinxSearchPlugin/issues/21