Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Wordpress jsConnect

Hello,
I'm trying to use plugin "JsConnect" for vanilla
and for Wordpress, plugin "Vanilla forum" and "WP Connect Vanilla"

The plugins all works

The problem is that with this plugins I can just log on the forum through the wordpress registration data.

I would like to do the opposite.

On wordpress I have 2 registered users
On forum approximately 10,000 users

How can I access with vanilla data rather than with those of wordpress?
Thank you

Comments

• Options

UPDATE

I just noticed that works with new users.
    My problem is this.
    I want to also use the old ones, already present in vanilla db, how to do?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@giacomosilli said:
    UPDATE

I just noticed that works with new users.
    My problem is this.
    I want to also use the old ones, already present in vanilla db, how to do?

You can either convert the users of Vanilla into WP users or create a plugin that interfaces with WP to use the Vanilla user table. This might be of some use: https://github.com/linc/vanilla-glue

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    You can either convert the users of Vanilla into WP users or create a plugin that interfaces with WP to use the Vanilla user table. This might be of some use: https://github.com/linc/vanilla-glue

I want to do something like it, i dont know how to do it by myself, so i just tested this vanilla-glue, but wont work.

I'm getting the following error when i try to "active" the plugin in wordpress:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wp_validate_auth_cookie() (previously declared in C:\xampp2\htdocs\wordpress\wp-includes\pluggable.php:585) in C:\xampp2\htdocs\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\glue\glue.php on line 55

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@giacomosilli said:

@hgtonight said:

I want to do something like it, i dont know how to do it by myself, so i just tested this vanilla-glue, but wont work.

I'm getting the following error when i try to "active" the plugin in wordpress:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wp_validate_auth_cookie() (previously declared in C:\xampp2\htdocs\wordpress\wp-includes\pluggable.php:585) in C:\xampp2\htdocs\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\glue\glue.php on line 55

Consider that repo as a starting point to doing what you want, not a plug and play solution.

I never used it, but one of the Vanilla devs wrote it before working on Vanilla.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

It seems strange to me that after several years of activity with wordpress and vanilla, there is not yet a method to do this.

Thanks anyway for your help, I will solve to fix it somehow.