HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Forum owners - here's how I promote my forum on other social media, now you show me yours :)

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband AfficionadoCole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in General Banter

If you're willing to share ideas/tips/warnings/etc, I'd love to hear it. Here's my current setup.

Forum

The Triathlon Roost
One-sentence description: The smaller, more relaxed alternative to The Big Blue Juggernaut (slowtwitch.com)

Media

Instagram
triroost . Random quotes from forum conversations, memed onto various personal/stock images. 65 followers, generally 10-ish likes per post.
E.g., this jab from the former co-owner of the forum (who has a sardonic sense of humour), shortly after he gave me full ownership:

Facebook
Also triroost . Struggling with this, as I feel like there's potential. Only 24 followers, but a couple posts have gotten into the hundreds for engagement numbers. I just occasionally post about an interesting thread that's going on, preferably with a photo from the thread.
E.g., we raised some money/gas cards over Xmas for a member's neighbour who had to return some of her kids' gifts to pay for food and heat. By far the best-performing FB post so far, and it seemed to translate into a decent amount of traffic to the thread: https://www.facebook.com/triroost/posts/944450999021390

Pinterest
You guessed it - triroost . This one's a bit interesting. One of the forum members took this on as a pet project, because she loves both our forum and Pinterest. She's got us up over 1800 followers, and pins a variety of triathlon-related stuff from around the web - plus interesting threads and images from our forum. She's generating about 50 or 60 clicks to the forum per day, and although I haven't bothered trying to do any kind of retention measurements, that's not bad. I know very little about Pinterest, but again I feel like there's potential here for viral-ish content introducing more people to our forum.

Google +
Hahahaha just kidding

Let's help each other keep our communities alive and thriving! :)

Comments