Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Activity Table weight

Hello,

I have thousands of registered users on the forum, hundreds of active connections at the same time.
I would like to make a cleaning of Activity table, and maybe completely disable it, to lighten the forum / database.
Is there any plugin or some practice for this problem?

Thank you

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
  • edited January 2017

Thank you but i wont work on vanilla2.3
    Working on vanilla2.0.

On vanilla2.3, after enable it, i get "page not found" when i click on "settings"

• Seems to work in vanilla2.3 too now, thanks again.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

In Vanilla 2.4, this will be baked into the product and won't require a plugin. We auto-prune activity older than 2 months, by default. It does it in batches of 10 every time a new activity is added so as to not cause high load.

• Nice to know, when it will be released? :)

• Thank you, do it work better then this plugin?

• yes in the sense it is not relying on requests to execute.

grep is your friend.

• edited February 2017

I'm testing it locally, seems to wont work.

DELETE FROM GDN_Activity WHERE ActivityTypeID NOT IN ( SELECT ActivityTypeID FROM GDN_ActivityType WHERE Name = 'WallComment' ) AND TIMESTAMPDIFF(MONTH,DateInserted,NOW())>2;
    / * The connection to 127.0.0.1 was closed on 01/02/2017 16:39:54 * /
    / * Rows affected: 2,309,140 Lines found: 0 Warnings: 0 Duration of 1 query: 00:06:39 * /

Any tips?

• What do you mean "word work"? it clearly affected 2,309,140 rows.

grep is your friend.

• All activities are still there, such as approval of new users, change the picture profile, membership and more

Are you the same or do you only have the same problem?

• edited February 2017

Hello, i have the same problem, i have not solved it

Like x00 already said: more than 2 million rows have been deleted, that's what you have posted.

But you might not have understood what you have done: you have deleted
    a) everything which is not a wall comment and(!)
    b) is older than 2 months

Have you checked that those old activities aren't there any more, matamatagiacomosilli?

• Thank you, the problem seems to be solved