Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Urgent: Google Adsense Approval Script Code In Head

himanmahimanma New
edited February 2017 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I applied for google adsense yesterday. According to new Google Adsense aproval process google want me to add script in head.

" Paste it into the HTML of www.mywebsite.com, right after the <..head..> tag".
By this they mean the after first head tag in start of head, i saw example in their help section. i need to add script inside head.

Pocket add codes after and before head, so to place inside head I pasted code in my theme tpl and my site showed error, went offline. Then I enclosed script in literal in my theme tpl. Site Working fine. This is what i did.

<..head..>
{asset name="Head"}
{literal}

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-... i hide my id here ", enable_page_level_ads: true });

{/literal}
<../head..>

My question is. Do i have pasted right code enclosing in literal? adsense executive will be able to find the code in my forum html? How can i test? I am not a programmer, do copy paste by reading in community. Do not want to miss approval chance. Please guide.

I inspected in Firefox console it shows some google ads script, analytics and other scripts . But firebug do not show any js running.

Reason of confusion is: 8 hour ago i received email that i my application is successfully reviewed and i should create my first ad i.e blank ad. But when i visited adsense to create my first ad it still showing application is under review. my-ads section is not clickable yet. So i fear if i placed the code right. Before contacting them i want to be sure about this.

Tagged:

Comments

• The head is above body there where is the metatags.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@himanma said:
    My question is. Do i have pasted right code enclosing in literal?

You need to enclose those separate scripts in separate {literal} tags each...

{literal}<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>{/literal}

{literal}<script>(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-... i hide my id here ",     enable_page_level_ads: true }); </script>{/literal}

• Ok thankyou,, will do that imediately

• himanmahimanma New
    edited February 2017

it worked perfect. I have a related query. Is currently there any way of inserting scripts in post while writing. i want to insert ad scripts in my first posts/comments. or will coming version offer this ability.

Without ads in posts my ad-sense ctr is 0.7% only instead of normal 5% because most users are mobile, i use vanilla forum as community cum blog, mobile users from google search see only one ad above post inserted by pocket.

Scripts are not allowed in comments or discussions because they open you to hackers.

Try the plugin AptAds , it was made specifically for ads.

Depending on what mobile theme you use, the panel might not be showing and that would be a good place for ads on mobile.

• Hi guys

@vrijvlinder написал:
    Scripts are not allowed in comments or discussions because they open you to hackers.

Is it possible to add google ads scripts in the tpl directly?

• thanks @vrijvlinder will use pocket and apt ad to embed at proper places.

@mirX yes you can at proper places inside tpl, but for non-developers like us i suggest test every change in theme on test website first

@mirX said:
    Hi guys

@vrijvlinder написал:

Is it possible to add google ads scripts in the tpl directly?

Yes , that is what he did. Look at the example above as to how to add script to a tpl template.