Vanilla 2.6 is here
! It includes security fixes and requires PHP 7.0. We have therefore ALSO released Vanilla 2.5.2
with security patches if you are still on PHP 5.6 to give you additional time to upgrade.
On our reading list at Vanilla
Vanilla developers circulate article links internally to highlight areas of interest to us. Some of those areas, from more technical to more cultural:
- PHP language-related proposals and changes.
- Analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of using PHP.
- General programmer theory and thoughts on coding.
- UI design, mobility, and technology trends that effect us.
- Internet-enabled discussions and community.
- Internet-based trolling and harassment.
- Developer culture critiques & thoughts.
- Diversity and inclusion in developer teams and technical companies.
- Managing a team of developers (or people generally).
- How our work outwardly effects other people for better or worse.
I'm interested to hear about articles and posts you've read that you feel fit in this vein. I may edit this OP from time to time to include my own curation of what's shared. Feel free to start a new discussion about an article instead if you think there's more to talk about.
Here's a few to start the list, courtesy of my browser bookmarks:
What's on your reading list lately?