Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Error 500 on fresh install

DanimalsDanimals New
edited February 2017 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello, I just found Vanilla Forums and I decided to try it out. I uploaded all the files to my server and when I go to my site it gives me a 500 internal server error. The log says [error] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace. I am using PHP 7 and I am running Vanilla 2.3

I'm not exactly sure what to do so any help would be appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Please look in your .htaccess file for the following lines:

# Certain hosts may require the following line.
        # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /.
        # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
        # RewriteBase /

Now do as you are adviced: change # RewriteBase / into RewriteBase / or even add the folder name if you have installed Vanilla in a subfolder.

• Options

That got rid of the 500 error but in the logs it is still stating the same error. The site doesn't load either.

• Options

Update
    So I installed 2.2 and I didn't have any problems. So it is just 2.3 for me.

• Options
    kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯

replace the .htaccess file from version 2.2 and everything will be fine ;) then you can replace the original .htaccess file from version 2.3