Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Cannot Login to Forums

When i click the sign in or login button everything on page become standstill and nothing becomes accessible. How can I fix this problem.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Can't know that without more information about your installation.

• @vrijvlinder said:
    Can't know that without more information about your installation.

What else is required tell me about it, I will investigate and tell about it.

Everything, what plugins you have enabled , how you installed this, what does the htaccess file contain, what do your server error logs say, is there a link to see the site ?

I mean you need to provide everything we don't know about your installation. We can't guess other than to say you must not installed it properly or did something to break it. That is why no one has bothered to help you.

How can we help you fix a problem we don't know about it ? No link to go see it either. We are not going to beg for information to help you. It's up to you to provide it.

• edited March 2017

@vrijvlinder said:
    Everything, what plugins you have enabled , how you installed this, what does the htaccess file contain, what do your server error logs say, is there a link to see the site ?

I mean you need to provide everything we don't know about your installation. We can't guess other than to say you must not installed it properly or did something to break it. That is why no one has bothered to help you.

How can we help you fix a problem we don't know about it ? No link to go see it either. We are not going to beg for information to help you. It's up to you to provide it.

Alright my forum link:https://goo.gl/0vWQfC
    Now how can I share the plugin installation and htaccess
    Is it possible to share a support login here..?

• Also recent upgrade and /utility/update gives following error page

Something has gone wrong.
    We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
    Please check back in a little while.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@SintoJoseph

Please search this forum for 'Something has gone wrong' to find out how to get a more detailed error report.

Then post details of that here if necessary.

Something is very wrong with your installation

http://finysel.com/forums/entry/signin?Target=utility/structure

I would disable the plugins from the config.php by changing true to false and also make the theme the default theme.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Not sure what you have done by now, but I see that there is JavaScript all over your page. If you want to insert JavaScript directly in the default.master.tpl, you have to enclose it with Smarty literal tags

{literal}
    javascript here...
    {/literal}

• Cannot login to dashboard to change settings so what can I do now.. Once I edited the theme to default in config.php I got lot of codes on the frontpage.

The config.php is the back door to the dashboard. Be sure to delete the .ini files in the forum cache whenever you make changes.

You may be hacked.. :surprised:

• @vrijvlinder said:
    The config.php is the back door to the dashboard. Be sure to delete the .ini files in the forum cache whenever you make changes.

You may be hacked.. :surprised:

Did you saw my forum .. what is wrong with it. I just edited the theme to default in config.php also I deleted the config-default.php and installed new files in the new update but still there are scrambled codes on the frontpage.

So you start with a clean forum and end up with what we can see online? Do you use a free web host which tries to insert ads on their users web pages? That would be an explanation.

The code you see there seems to be from a monetizing service. And because it has been implemented the wrong way, the code is displayed instead of being treated/run as JavaScript

• @R_J said:
    So you start with a clean forum and end up with what we can see online? Do you use a free web host which tries to insert ads on their users web pages? That would be an explanation.

The code you see there seems to be from a monetizing service. And because it has been implemented the wrong way, the code is displayed instead of being treated/run as JavaScript

Then it should show the javascript icon instead of code. Something gone wrong with the forum itself. If you people cannot fix this I go and look for another good forum that can..

Go ahead, we are volunteers and are under no obligation to help anyone. Specially those who don't read the Tutorials and have no idea what they are doing as a result. This is not a coding school, you should be able to understand basic coding and trouble shooting and be able to read and understand the documentation . It is not the problem of the software that you are incompetent and don't know what you are doing.

You go ahead and find something else , we don't need you to threaten us.

@SintoJoseph said:
    Something gone wrong with the forum itself.

Have you ever even tried looking what that piece of code is that is showing up?
    That is some advertising service which is not related in any way to Vanilla. Your problem is even caused by you or your provider.

@SintoJoseph said:
    If you people cannot fix this I go and look for another good forum that can..

Sounds like you want to threaten us :lol:

You have described three different errors in this discussion and three different people offered help. Do what you like, but I don't think that your tone is adequate.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Yea, @whu606.. I could only listen to the first 12 bars before I needed to puke ... lmao

• Precisely you people should come to same situation that you also don't know what is wrong instead just raising curiosity is getting no points here. Tell me what I should do in one piece.. you are not going through what I am when I am taking your forum service and get something crappy for the visitors and me.

You were told what is wrong several times. You were told how to fix it several times. That means we know and you don't know because you did not read or understand what we all told you to do.

That is your problem, not ours. Are you paying for this software ? We do not offer any service here other than for our own plugins and themes if that and possible help people willing to help themselves.

• You people told me to install a clean forum software and that is ridiculous ... It will be very tedious work so there is no other solutions other than that.. I searched many threads saying something wrong and they all coming out with no solutions. I cannot even sign in I told so how can I remove the code of ads from there.. if that is the problem..